TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a soccer program for children with special needs. Our goal is to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, who has a disability, in a safe and secure environment.
The program is inclusive for kids regardless of disability. TOPSoccer is a recognized program within the US Youth Soccer Association and the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association.
Why do we need TOPSoccer?
- There are thousands of children with disabilities who need, and can be provided with, the opportunity to play soccer through the TOPSoccer program.
- Creates lasting memories and forges meaningful community connections.
- TOPSoccer allows every kid the opportunity to know the rewards of being on a team, trying to score and being in the game!
- It provides participants with a sense of accomplishment and sheer joy.
When and where will the TOPSoccer program be held?
Fall 2021 TOPSoccer
Where: Saginaw Township Soccer Complex, 3575 McCarty Rd, Saginaw, MI
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Dates: August 17th, 24th, 31st September 14th, 21st, 28th
Cost: FREE! The Fall 2021 Session is no cost to you thanks to our generous sponsors.
Sessions will be held each fall and spring.
How do I register / participate?
- Register online at: TOPSoccer Registration
- Once registered, participants will be emailed an additional form to help us better understand the needs of each player.
How are TOPSoccer Sessions Conducted?
- There are three key people in a TOPSoccer session:
- Coach: Leads activities
- Player: Child w/ special needs
- Buddy: A person who assists the player with activities as needed
- Players attend an hour-long session led by coaches from STSA where they work on different soccer skills in a positive and safe environment.
- Each player is partnered with a buddy who will assist them in following directions and provide positive reinforcement/encouragement.
- Abilities of players vary widely and drills are modified to match their skills.
- Session structure will vary. Athletes may participate in skill based activities, small sided games, or a combination of both.
- TOPSoccer Buddies are invaluable volunteers.
- Buddies help the players succeed and keep them safe.
- Buddies can be same aged peers, teenagers or adults.
- They DO NOT need soccer experience.
- Some participate to collect service hours while helping others. While others want the opportunity to help others enjoy soccer.